Person of Interest (2012)
Character: Caroline Turing / Root
Creators: Jonathan Nolan, JJ Abrams
Other Cast: Jim Caviezel, Taraji P. Henson, Kevin Chapman, Michael Emerson
Genre: Drama, Thriller
MPAA Rating: Unknown
“Person of Interest” stars Jim Caviezel, Emmy Award winner Michael Emerson and Academy Award nominee Taraji P. Henson in a crime thriller about a presumed dead former-CIA agent, Reese, who teams up with a mysterious billionaire, Finch, to prevent violent crimes by using their own brand of vigilante justice. Reese’s special training in covert operations appeals to Finch, a software genius who invented a program that uses pattern recognition to identify people about to be involved in violent crimes. Using state-of-the-art surveillance technology, the two work outside of the law, using Reese’s adept skills and Finch’s unlimited wealth to unravel the mystery of the “person of interest” and stop the crime before it happens. Reese’s actions draw the attention of the NYPD, including homicide detective Carter, and Fusco, a cop whom Reese uses to his advantage. With infinite crimes to investigate, Reese and Finch find that the right person, with the right information, at the right time, can change everything.
Amy played a psychologist who the team thought was in trouble; she’s actually the hacker that had been teased for most of season 1.
1×23 – Firewall: When a psychologist’s number comes up, Reese must protect her from one of her patients while eluding capture by the FBI, who are closing in fast. Meanwhile, Finch receives an unwelcome visit from an old acquaintance.
2×01 – The Contingency: With Finch missing – kidnapped by his hacker nemesis, Root, in last season’s finale cliffhanger – Reese enlists Detectives Carter and Fusco to get his friend back. Meanwhile, The Machine never sleeps, disseminating a new number to Reese.
2×02 – Bad Code: The Machine delivers the number of a cold case that leads Reese ever closer to catching up with Finch and his kidnapper, Root.
2×15 – Booked Solid: Reese and Finch race to save a hotel maid’s life but find themselves surrounded by more suspects than they may be able to eliminate when they realize any guest or staff member could be her potential killer. Meanwhile, Detective Carter weighs a major offer from the FBI.
2×16 – Relevance: A lethal and sexy government operative who tracks and stops terrorist threats before they occur finds herself on the run – and the new focus of Reese and Finch’s attention. However, their pursuit proves to be their most formidable when they discover that her remarkable skillset equals their own.
View more images in the gallery
• Episode 1×23 aired May 17, 2012
• Jonathan Nolan is the brother of Christopher Nolan, who directed the recent ‘Dark Knight’ movies (3 in total), although it was Jonathan who wrote the screenplays
• JJ Abrams is, of course, the creator of Alias; Lost; Fringe; and the director behind the recent Star Trek movie, to name but a few
• The creators revealed at Comic-Con that they have great plans for Amy’s character, so stay tuned for [possible; highly likely] upcoming season 2 guest appearances! [July 2012]
• Amy’s character has indeed been upgraded to ‘recurring’ and will be appearing on episodes 2×01-2×02 (so far!)
• Episode 2×01 and 2×02 aired September 27, 2012 & October 4, 2012 respectively
• It has been confirmed that Amy will be returning in the latter half of season 2 [November 2012]
• Episode 2×16 aired February 21, 2013; Amy wasn’t included on the press release so it was a surprise return!
• Amy only briefly appeared at the end of episode 2×15 (uncredited).